Faith Formation Coordinator Job Description
Sacred Heart - Diocese of Stockton
Date Issued: March 22, 2018
POSITION TITLE: English Faith Formation Coordinator
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full time
DEPARTMENT: Faith Formation
REPORTS TO: Director of Faith Formation / Pastor
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Provides leadership through the ministry of Faith Formation and sacrament preparation with children in the Parish community. These programs are geared to be developmentally appropriate, community building and service oriented.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED: To have at least three years of experience in parish ministry, skills in administrative organization, supervision, mentoring, teaching, budgeting and a passion for the Church’s mission. Multicultural sensitivity and experience, Certification in Faith Formation and a desire to grow in ministry training and other skills as needed.
DESIRED (but not required): Bilingual (English-Spanish), Bachelor in Religious studies or other field; Master Catechist Certification.
- Works in collaboration with other programs and ministries in the Parish, especially with the Spanish Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, Sacred Heart School, RCIA led by the Director of Faith Formation.
- Coordination of Faith Formation Process 1st grade through High School supporting families to grow in Catholic faith.
- First Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation preparation, retreats, and liturgical celebrations.
- Coordinate a Vacation Bible School experience with children.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteer catechists in specific areas of Faith Formation in the program.
- Responsible for Registration of families in Faith Formation Program. Effectively compiles and maintains accurate attendance and sacramental records.
- Provide opportunities for parent and adult education in collaboration with the Director of Faith Formation and other coordinators.
- Maintains Safe Environment guidelines for Faith Formation volunteers, in coordination with the Parish Safe Environment Coordinator.
- Preparing a master calendar for classes, events, and liturgy for programs.
- Participate in meetings and regular updates in Catholic teachings as they relate to the ministry, in conjunction with the Office of Religious Education in the Diocese (Network meetings, trainings and other events).