The Community Life Commission is made up of various organizations and support or socializing groups in the parish. Its purpose is to build a deeper sense of Christian community for all ages and interest groups in the parish. The scope of the Commission includes Hospitality and Welcoming, Parish Organizations and Clubs, Youth Ministry, Community-building and Socializing Events and the Stewardship of Time and Talent (Volunteer Coordination).
This Commission is responsible for the following:
- Promote ongoing communication between all the organizations of the parish.
- Promote ongoing communication between parish organizations and the Parish Council and staff, especially the scheduling of events and contributing to the yearly calendar.
- Sponsor various “fun” activities throughout the year that help promote friendship and good will between the organizations, all members of the parish and the surrounding community.
- Coordinating all activities and events of the parish organizations so that not too much is happening at any one time.
- Communicate the purpose of the various parish organizations to the parish membership.
- Help foster interaction between groups and organizations, especially in sponsoring events in which a number of groups participate in the planning and implementation of these activities.
- See to it that a Volunteer Committee is functioning so that those who make a commitment through the Stewardship of Time and Talent are contacted and connected to groups and ministries, that volunteers are recruited, trained, affirmed and rewarded for their commitment.
- Increase attendance for the Lenten Soup Suppers.
- Organize ministry information sessions where ministries can engage parishioners after Sunday Masses.
- Coordinate biannual ministry fairs.