The Community Life Commission is made up of various organizations and support or socializing groups in the parish. Its purpose is to build a deeper sense of Christian community for all ages and interest groups in the parish. The scope of the Commission includes Hospitality and Welcoming, Parish Organizations and Clubs, Youth Ministry, Community-building and Socializing Events and the Stewardship of Time and Talent (Volunteer Coordination).
This Commission is responsible for the following:
- Promote ongoing communication between all the organizations of the parish.
- Promote ongoing communication between parish organizations and the Parish Council and staff, especially the scheduling of events and contributing to the yearly calendar.
- Sponsor various “fun” activities throughout the year that help promote friendship and good will between the organizations, all members of the parish and the surrounding community.
- Coordinating all activities and events of the parish organizations so that not too much is happening at any one time.
- Communicate the purpose of the various parish organizations to the parish membership.
- Help foster interaction between groups and organizations, especially in sponsoring events in which a number of groups participate in the planning and implementation of these activities.
- See to it that a Volunteer Committee is functioning so that those who make a commitment through the Stewardship of Time and Talent are contacted and connected to groups and ministries, that volunteers are recruited, trained, affirmed and rewarded for their commitment.
- Mary Lou Shearer (Chair) has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart for 45 years. She also volunteers as a Eucharistic Minister and member of the Sick and Homebound Ministry.
- Mary Lou Costa has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart for 43 years. She additionally serves in several ministries, including Eucharistic Ministry, Our Lady of Fatima Society, Prayer Shawl Ministry, and Hospitality Committee.
- Anthony Silva has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart since 1972. He has also been a member of the Pastoral Council and Knights of Columbus.
- Telma Quadros has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart for 43 years. She also volunteers as a Eucharistic Minister and member of the Sick and Homebound Ministry.
- Celia Sanchez has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart for 22 years. She volunteers for the following ministries: Children's Liturgy, Eucharistic Ministry, Sacred Heart School, and Hospitality Committee.
- Lina De Leon has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart for 17 years. She is involved with St. Vincent de Paul Society and Prayer Shawl Ministry.
- Patty Evans has been a parishioner at Sacred Heart since 1979. She also serves as the parish's bookkeeper.
The Community Commission is responsible for assisting the following ministries:
- Contribution Counters
- Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
- Ground's Ministry
- Hispanic Leadership Ministry
- Hospitality Committee
- Lenten Soup Suppers
- Our Lady of Fatima Society
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Society
- Our Lady of the Assumption Society
- Spring Festival
- Increase attendance for the Lenten Soup Suppers.
- Organize ministry information sessions where ministries can engage parishioners after Sunday Masses.
- Coordinate biannual ministry fairs.